New El Camino owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

harald

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2008
Hi! My name is Harald and I bought a 1980 EL Camino earlier this summer,
trying to get it ready as a daily driver. Need some parts and info now and then,thought this would be a good place to hang out.

Elky 83

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Welcome to the club......you might want to put a list of what you need and let people get back to you. Also check on ebay...they have plenty of parts for 5th generation Elkys.
Mike

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
Welcome! Glad to get another elco owner. What are the specs, and what do you want to do with it?

harald

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2008
Well , its a 1980,has a 350 sbc with th350 auto, right now I just want to get it on the road,its going to be my daily truck to replace my leased Ranger. Tired of wasting money on those new things. It doesn't need too much stuff, couple of the interior trim pieces are missing,like the top and side back window pieces. Its got new paint but the prep work was not that great,so I am just trying to adjust,clean ,paint etc to get it to look reasonably decent.I'll try and post a couple pics soon.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Welcome to the forum. Lets see some pictures of it! Where are you located?

harald

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2008
I am located by London, Ontario, Canada. I'll take a couple shots tomorrow.
How do you post pics on here?

JAGCUSTOMS87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2008
St. Johns/Lansing, MI
new camino owner Michigan

Hi, I'm Jason i just bought a 1980 El Camino SS for a project car. its got a remanufactured 350. i just need to get a alternator it was the only accesory that wasn't new added to the new motor. but the other prob brakes. there is no pressure. he said he had a brake line break. they fixed it, it looks like all lines are new. they bleed them, still no pressure so they bought a new master cylinder and still no pressure. there is no leaks or anything.

harald

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2008
HI. Welcome. Did you check the brake bias valve, thats about the only thing left in the system.Its down below the booster on the frame. Maybe something is stuck and it won't build any pressure.Thats all I can think of.
Harald

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor