New from East Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETexas86Elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2007
East Texas
Hi everyone,
Glad to have joined up. I hope to gain some G-body expertise and some parts that will work on my 1986 Chevy El Camino Conquista.

My Elky is 2-tone blue, 305 V8, air, ps, pb, and split bench seat. One good thing - it's got nice paint. The previous owner had it painted. I drive it every day and really enjoy it. I't s my second Elky. I bought my first one brand new - right off the truck from Mexico. It was a Z15? (Super Sport).
I drove it for 11 years and only after I sold it did I find out what I had. Bought this one a couple of years ago and have been trying to get the drive train and interior in order.

I recently moved to East Texas to a small town. Unfortunatgely, junkyards are nearly non-existent in this part of the state. The big city - Dallas-Fort Worth had tons of them. So . . . now I am out here in the woods with no place to get parts. I will be calling on you.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome texas seems like a big place you should be able to get parts somewhere, besides you have a half a truck to haul them in!

SouljaJ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2007
DF DUB, TX
What town in east tx do you live in? I'm currently in Nacogdoches. Moving for school this fall though. Looks like you've got the next car I want. :D I'm planning on buying a 95 SS in a year or two after I finish up modding my Monte.

ETexas86Elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2007
East Texas
ss

Hi
So you want an SS - huh? Mine is a black 96. Bought it new - adult owned one owner - 68k easy miles. If I was going to buy one I'd look for a 94 or a 96 (first or last or the series) and I'd look for one in black cherry or green - hard to find.
Oh yeah - I live in Athens, up near Tyler. See ya on the highway.

SouljaJ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2007
DF DUB, TX
Yeah, I've been through Athens a couple of times. I see what you mean about the 94 & 96, I guess I'll have to decide between the digital speedometer or a tach. Haha.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.