ShonCobain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2024
DFW, Texas
IMG_6198.jpeg

My name is Shon, I own a 1984 Monte Carlo 305/200R4 daily. Debating on a 383 and upgraded 200R4 for the summer. Not the cleanest but I’ve seen worse. Had a leak when I picked it up, shifter seal was bad. Runs good, shifts smooth more to come. Thanks for looking!
IMG_6249.jpeg
IMG_6243.jpeg
IMG_6240.png

Reactions: 5 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Welcome, to what has to be the greatest car forum !

sharp looking car , even the underside appears solid.........sure crusty but could clean up well.

Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Welcome to a wonderful forum with all the right people to get you where you wanna go with your project. Glad you're here and I look forward to seeing more.

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GBodyForum!
Your Monte looks to be in good shape. It's nice to see you getting on the little issues right away. That's what makes an "OK" car a nice car. There's plenty of cheap and easy things you can do to bring your ride to the next level. The 383 is always a good strong power plant if your looking to keep things "old school" looking. Just remember, you'll want to be sure your 200/4R will support the torque the 383 puts out. (ask me how I know) I went with a TH400 with mine as I still have freeway gears, but will switch to a 4 speed automatic once the rear end is replace with a bit more of a street gear.
You have joined a very good forum with a lot of knowledgeable guys (and gals) here to help with all of your questions. From mild to wild, we have it all.
Good luck with your build.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor