New from NJ with a 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

442steve

n00b
Mar 20, 2011
NJ
Hey all, my name is Steve and after many years of searching, i have finally found my 1986 442. I was always a Cutlass Supreme guy, and tghen i saw the 442.. Now i just need to stop it from bogging down when i hit the gas..LOL

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
welcome! let see some pics of this thing!

I think a nice 350 or 403 will fix that bogging problem nicely :wink:

Joeyg329

Apprentice
Apr 22, 2009
Cherry Hill, NJ
What part of jersey? Im in south jersey, camden county, close to walt whitman bridge.

442steve

n00b
Mar 20, 2011
NJ
Hey everyone, im fron central NJ, by staten island.. and i cant figure how to add the pics on here.. Changed the 02 sensor, now i am getting a DTC 34 code, so im going to clean the map sensor and hopefully that works. If not, i have a lead on a chevy 350, with the 350 turbo trans for her

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
welcome!
For pics, go to photobucket.com, and register. You upload photos to that site, when you hover over the pic you want to upload, go down to where it says IMG. There will be a link to the right of that, copy the link, and simply paste that into your post. It will already include the

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
Welcome, now check the timing, float level, accelerator pump and fuel pump, one of them will fix it, start with the timing, it's free. :mrgreen:

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky
442steve said:
Hey everyone, im fron central NJ, by staten island.. and i cant figure how to add the pics on here.. Changed the 02 sensor, now i am getting a DTC 34 code, so im going to clean the map sensor and hopefully that works. If not, i have a lead on a chevy 350, with the 350 turbo trans for her

do you want a 350 turbo with 3:73 gears, and be sure keep it olds power 442.

86Olds442

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Steve, so where in Central NJ by Staten Island are ya? I work in Raritan Center, and you can see where I live... LOL

And most importantly, congrats on the 442!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor