New from SE Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

twidmer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Just getting started on refurbing my Dad's 1980 El Camino. I've already got $2500.00 into it just to get it safe to drive on the street. I think he had every shade tree mechanic wannabe in west Texas work on it, because it was all half-assed. Anyhow, going to try to start a photo album if anyone wants to follow my progress...

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site. big day today if you're a texas fan

twidmer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Any day you beat Oklahoma is a good day! I have bought a few parts off the Net (Partstrain.com, 1Aauto.com, etc.). Does anyone know of a good, reliable place to get most parts, or is it pretty much a crapshoot, getting one part from this vendor and another part from that vendor?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
twidmer said:
Any day you beat Oklahoma is a good day! I have bought a few parts off the Net (Partstrain.com, 1Aauto.com, etc.). Does anyone know of a good, reliable place to get most parts, or is it pretty much a crapshoot, getting one part from this vendor and another part from that vendor?

gbodyparts.com is always goo, but it's kinda up and down amongst everyone for prices. I guess it depends on what your looking for. Welcome to the forum. Lotsa goo help here. Can't wait for pic's.

twidmer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Hey, thanks for the tip. Had not been to that site yet. They have a few things that I might need and their prices are pretty much what I've been seeing everywhere else.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
Welcome to GBF, What part of Houston do you live? I live about half hour east of Austin in Bastrop. I've got an 80 elc myself and wont have time or $$$ to work on it for awhile. Are you looking for anything for yours??

Go UT, now we need to beat Missouri,Texas Tech,Ok state, Kansas and I think last years superbowl winner :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor