New G body owner - '85 GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL85GrandPrix

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2016
Tampa, FL
Axisg- you are correct. I just need to make sure the oil pressure light and coolant temp light wires remain functional to the dash. But the computer, OBD I connector under the dash and main harness are to be removed, intact as they will be saved to go with the car or sold for factory resto's. I found a TCI 200R4 kit for $70 that controls the trans. Pretty simple thing to figure out. I thought figuring out how the 200R4 runs would take 3 weeks of my life. It's controlled by a TV cable and TC lockup. That's it. So for $70 I can do the TCI kit. I'm working my way through the details... I really appreciate everyone's input and tech help. I'll be going the 70's tech and making sure I have a PCV system, with an oil catch can like I have on my '14 5.3L and keeping the charcoal vapor can system functional. Did some more research and the factory 96+ cast iron Vortec heads do not have the ports for EGR provisions. So what a lot of guys are doing on the F-body forum are bolting a EGR to their aftermarket or factory manifolds to pass that "visual" portion. That is what I will do IF and when I need to later on. But I will most definitely run good cats, and have a functional vapor and PCV system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor