new guy from Alberta Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

81regalxtreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2015
Alberta Canada
Hello Gbodyforum, just bought a 1981 buick regal needs some body work love but came with a 350 swap with eddy intake and carb, longtubes and k&n so half the battle is done for now lol, the body is in pretty decent shape minus the 3/8" of bondo on the DS rear lower 1/4 panel, all in all for $700 i cant complain, anyways im here and ready to learn all i can about these beautiful cars, hope to talk with alot of you soon.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Welcome. Luck you, now a days you cant find much for $700. Take any pics of the car yet?

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Welcome to GBF!
Alberta here too as well. Where abouts are you? I'm in Calgary.
We all like lots of pics around here, post some of your Regal!

81regalxtreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2015
Alberta Canada
Thanks for the warm welcomes,im out in Two Hills which is about an 1 1/2hr east of edmonton, i got some pics im still waiting on better weather so i can get a few things fixed and drive it home so hopefully next week ill have it in the garage, last owner was attempting some body work hence the blue flames since they were going to get sanded off lol and i have to seal up the holes in the hood, but interior is in very good shape. regal 1.jpg Regal4.jpg Regal6.jpg Regal2.jpg Regal3.jpg Regal5.jpg

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
It looks like you got to that car just in time. They have to go back in paint fast or it's over really suddenly. I paid about half what you did for a car in similar condition but I had to buy a set of wheel/tire so it's about the same score. You did well +++ Good thing the prev owner crossed the river nile and let it go since the car was outside - and obviously those flames were hideous. If you go w/ a flat color scheme instead of 2 tone you could be painting very soon then. welcome

81regalxtreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2015
Alberta Canada
yeah i need to get something on it very soon as he went right to metal on hood and roof area, i still need to find the stamp on the block to see what it is, he told me 350 but its built (the way he got it) but im hoping its a diamond in the rough with a 400, any which way its going to be a fun project, once again thanks for the welcomes

81regalxtreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2015
Alberta Canada
seems solid looks like the other previous owner had it as a nice car before buddy started sanding it down, all painted underneath even has adjustable air shocks, ill know more when i get it home hopefully next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor