new guy from massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
hey there, folks,
i just regained custody of my '79 monte ('80 nose) after buying it, building it some, and then giving it to my brother as a graduation present.
he's into jeeps now, so it's just been sitting dormant, collecting leaves and rust for a few years now.
i just moved the car back to my house, and now i have big plans for it.
dechroming, derusting, repainting a deeper red, and perhaps a white interior with some red accents.

here's how she sits now.
monte.jpg

she's not very streetable, as i learned what i was doing WHILE i was building the engine, so i went by the theory that bigger is better, cam and carb wise, so taking care of that is the immediate plan.

long term, i'd like to put in an LT1/4L60E or possibly, if it takes me long enough, an LS1 in there.

i've been lurking for a while, and really seem to like the feel of this board.

i'm sure you guys'll hear from me a good amount!

take care, folks

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
hey i used to live in Stoughton, MA!!!!

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Welcome to the site! I've been a fan of that Monte for a long time (saw it cardomain way back when) and always wondered who owned it. Good to have ya aboard here, I'm looking forward to see the progress on it.

vm1971

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2007
cherry hill, NJ
WELCOME!
nice monte!

very cool, indeed.

VINCE

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
78MC-BBC said:
hey i used to live in Stoughton, MA!!!!

?donde y cuando? (where and when?)

Tony_SS said:
Welcome to the site! I've been a fan of that Monte for a long time (saw it cardomain way back when) and always wondered who owned it. Good to have ya aboard here, I'm looking forward to see the progress on it.

hey thanks! as much as i love what makes my car different, i hate it for it's lack of functionality! sidepipes are cool to look at, but massachusetts police don't like a car that sounds like a barbershop quartet of harley-davidsons roaring through town!

thanks for the kind words!

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
i moved out of stoughton, lived about 2 blocks from stoughton center about 2.5 years ago. i used to work for a company accross from the t-stop, now they moved to the old fleamarket building on route 138/139 cant remember the number.

the cops in stoughton sucked, last time i had my 78 running i got stop 9 times by 4 differnt cops all for the same reasons. racing (i was going 35mph), car too loud (dual 3" exhaust w/dynomax ultraflo mufflers), didnt believe the car was legal for emissions (cars older than 85 dont have to take them) and for strange looking license plate/no front plate (i have a vintage 1978 massachusetts plate which means i dont have to run a front plate and looks really strange compared to the newer plates)

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
yah, i heard they got really weird a few years back when they had all that messy noise with the police chief and everything. i was living in hawaii/san diego at that point, so i missed out on all the corruption. now all my friends from high school are cops, so it's all good!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site, looks like a solid project you have on your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor