New Guy from MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparguy10

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 18, 2008
New Baltimore, Michigan
Well, first off, lets discuss the screen name. Yes, i am generally a Mopar Guy as i have worked for Chrysler for 14 years and live in the Detroit Metro area (and it's my screen name on the Mopar forums). I own an '89 Ram Charger and a semi-tuner Neon. Recently i have inherited an '83 Grand Prix (wife's bff's aunt is in a nursing home). The price was right [read: free] and it needed some work.

It has a 305 with a TH350 trans and 85k miles. Seemed like a great place to start. My kids (9 and 6) are geeked cuz now we have a "muscle car" to take to Mt Clemens for Wednesday nite cruises this summer. Im excited because i havent got to build a small block chevy since college.

I recently obtained an edelbrock intake off of eBay and am in the process of swapping parts i have layin around for headers and a Holley carb. I found a set of slotted mags in the shed that will be going on it soon enuf.

Before that, im gonna get the engine goin, the brakes stoppin and the body bumped back into shape. I'll post some pics as she starts to look better. I have found a lot of good information on these forums already.

I look forward to joining you all in our G-Body sagas. I'll keep you posted.

David

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
welcome to the site
one can never fault mopar, between the chargers fury's, (classic)300M, and cudas. a non-SRT neon though... :) j/k i really can't say anything, i drive a diesel VW. 90HP baby!!!
oh i forgot my favorite :roll: mopar--my old slant-6 volare. POS but she always drove, even with 1/2gal of coolant an hour through the tailpipe.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i think mopar had some cool styling and some cool names. cuda, super bee , i mean come on, you have to be a man to drive them cars!

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
Mopars are great no foul there. I especially want a 64 Plymouth sport Fury 426 wedge 4 speed before I die. Welcome!

moparguy10

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 18, 2008
New Baltimore, Michigan
Thanks for the warm welcome! My intake (Edelbrock Performer) just arrived in the mail and i'm pickin up a spreadbore Holley 650 from a guy at work tomorrow.

Ive been reading some of the posts and it seems that summit turbo mufflers are recommended (this is going to be a low buck rod) for good sound. Others seem to like the Cherry Bombs. Not sure which way i'm goin yet other than flat black and slotted mags. I'll be on Woodward this August. Hopefully it'll be done way before then!

David

moparguy10

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 18, 2008
New Baltimore, Michigan
Here's a link to my CarDomain page. As you can see, she's my cubic zirconia in the rough...

Brakes are almost done (need to finish bleeding) and i'll have her on the road to check the trans/axle/etc for proper operation. I'll keep the page updated as i progress. Enjoy!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3004259

MgX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor