New guy from PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBalls

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2008
Philadelphia
Hello everyone. i own a 87 Regal limited. it has been sittin for 3-4 years just rotting while theives have been taking things from it as they please. tired of seeing it looking the way it is and have decided to bring it back to life.

BillyBalls

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2008
Philadelphia
Thanks! it was on my brothers street source account. he did all the fabrication and all. now its my turn to get my hands dirty. gonna cut out the rear frame section and re-do it. try to lay it out a little more with keeping the rear seats. i miss driving the car overall. it was my first project that i never got to finish, but now i have the time and a little more money. your car is pretty sick! anymore plans for it?

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
thanks, just finishing up the back now, got it all notched and braced. Had a problem with the bags twisiting in the back once i notched it and it went lower, so had to redo them, that slowed it down. I just ran all new lines today and am getting it ready to get back on the road, I am picking up my hood on the 17th, I had a guy do a 3.5" "cowl" so i could keep the hood all metal so i can flip it. the trunk is getting flipped too since i had to lose the factory trunk mounts. It should be back on the road that weekend. I want to suicide the doors, but I am just going to drive it and enjoy it for a while again.

BillyBalls

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2008
Philadelphia
i hear ya! i wanted to tub out the rear but wanted to keep the stock hinges. i had the suicide hood done on mine using the hinges off of a buick century or lesabre forget which year had the flip out hood. had to modify my hood and the hinges to get it to work. put it back to stock though. now they make kits for that stuff. never saw suicide doors on a g-body before. its a lot of work though. keep up the good work!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site! i am looking forward to seeing this car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor