New guy from Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

EF-Jordan

n00b
Sep 8, 2009
New here. My dad and I have an 80 El Camino SS we're redoing. Had it for 6 years now and the 165 horsepower's gettin real old. So we picked up an l29 454. Rebuilding that now. When that goes in we're obviously going to upgrade the rear end. Probably go with a 10 bolt outta a Grand National. Seems like the cheapest route while still being reliable. Along with that the suspension will be getting worked over. First comes getting the body back in tip top shape. Anyways here's the Elky:

elky.jpg

I do have a quick question though, is my Elky considered a G Body even though they were A bodies until 82'? I've seen them as both.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome! Nice El Camino!

'78-'81 models are "technically" A-bodies...
For '82-'88, the unchanged chassis was renamed the G-body, when the A-body designation was given to the new front-wheel drive platform.

A/G=same thing...

chpbstrd1

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2009
Welcome, nice to see another PA g body member

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
welcome!
nice car
I have alot of family just outside of pittsburgh in Ambridge.
Shaq o'neal just did a tv show with big ben at my cousins high school.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
chpbstrd1 said:
Welcome, nice to see another PA g body member
X2 Always nice to see another young'n with an interest in good old American cars. Looks like your Camino managed to survive our wicked weather. What part of Pittsburgh are you from?

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor