New Guy with a 1983 Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torq89

n00b
Aug 30, 2009
Hey guys I found this forum the other day when I was looking for parts for my 1983 Grand Prix I just got. Here's the story....I had helped my buddy and his parents move out of their house and on the last day this car was still sitting in the drive. So I asked them what they planned on doing with it (it was sitting for about 3-4 years) my buddys dad said that he wasn't really sure since they were moving to an apartment and really had nowhere to put it. He asked if I wanted it and before he could finish his sentence I said HELL YEAH. After we unloaded the few last things out of my truck at a storage unit he threw me the keys, I just had to tow it to my house. Even though the car doesn't run and needs quite a bit of work I was happy as hell!

It's got the stock 305 V8 and supposedly has a 350 turbo trans, atleast that's what the guy told my buddy who he bought it from. I think the only mods on it is a Edelbrock carb and intake manifold, heddman headers and flowmaster mufflers. I plan on getting it repainted and making it two tone, black on bottom and the same color blue on top. Not sure If I want to replace the carriage top or just take it off and leave it off, its all ripped up and looks like crap. I also plan to swap out the 305 for a 350 small block, swap the stock 10 bolt out with a 12 bolt and 4.10 gears and rebuild the 350 turbo if that's even what it is. It also needs all new carpet inside, door panels, gauges, and maybe even a dash. Feel free to throw out any suggestions. It's going to take me quite a while to fulfill my plans since I go to College full time and work full time but it will eventually get done!
83GrandPrix.jpg

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
Please tell me that car was not free? If so i am so jealous........
Looks like the beginnig of a sweet ride :D i would say welcome but i too am a noob.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Welcome aboard fellow GP owner!

Torq89

n00b
Aug 30, 2009
RUSTY OL BU said:
Please tell me that car was not free? If so i am so jealous........
Looks like the beginnig of a sweet ride :D i would say welcome but i too am a noob.

well gas isn't free..... :D

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
Well let me give you fifty dollars gas money in trade for it then lol! :lol:

Torq89

n00b
Aug 30, 2009
Re:

RUSTY OL BU said:
Well let me give you fifty dollars gas money in trade for it then lol! :lol:
If I didn't have such big plans for this car I might take u up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor