New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’m neither an LS hater or lover. Any GM engine is better than what came originally in G bodies. I pulled a 350 out of my Elco and put in a new 383 because it was a dam good deal. There are somethings I see people do on here to they’re cars that I don’t agree with but I almost always don’t voice it here. Live and let live, is a phrase I’ve had drummed into my head for the last 40 years. Let people do they’re cars what they want/can afford. In the mid 70s Cadillac started doing what Ford and Chrysler had been doing for years, they put an Olds engine in the new Seville. Then in the 80s it was Chevy . . small blocks in the big Fleetwoods, up to the current with the CTS-V and Escaldes .

Reactions: 4 users

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
I’m neither an LS hater or lover. Any GM engine is better than what came originally in G bodies. I pulled a 350 out of my Elco and put in a new 383 because it was a dam good deal. There are somethings I see people do on here to they’re cars that I don’t agree with but I almost always don’t voice it here. Live and let live, is a phrase I’ve had drummed into my head for the last 40 years. Let people do they’re cars what they want/can afford. In the mid 70s Cadillac started doing what Ford and Chrysler had been doing for years, they put an Olds engine in the new Seville. Then in the 80s it was Chevy . . small blocks in the big Fleetwoods, up to the current with the CTS-V and Escaldes .
Well gm ownes cadillac

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
That’s my friggin point. So a Chevy engine LS or LT in a BOP or vise versa, aint no big friggin deal. So long as the car gets saved or upgraded.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I don't care what anyone wants to put in his or her own car, truck, whatever... that's what hot rodding is all about!

Reactions: 1 user

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
I can appreciate keeping everything era correct. Im a stickler for that in the vintage bmx community. I guess i just dont have the roots to feel that same way about cars.
You mean like this fresh out of the box MX.

Attachments

• getPart (4).jpg
    getPart (4).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 218

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
Well i have learned to never under any circumstanced buy a cutty with a vinyl top. I fear i missed the perfect one when i started looking. Glad i came here before buying though!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor