new here, just traded my quad for an 83 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
hey everyone i'm new from south east south dakota. just wanted to show my latest ride that i traded my quad for. its an 83 olds cutlass supreme brougham with a moon roof. it has a th350 trans, 4 bolt main mexican made 350 crate motor going off the decoder, edelbrock performer intake, carter afb competition series carb, headers with glass packs that end at the cross member. it has 333882 truck heads which sound like they're almost worthless, roller rockers and possibly a decent sized cam. it needs a little rust repair, mostly lower quarters, the drivers side rocker and the drivers side trunk seam. but for its age its pretty solid, i couldnt find any frame rust so thats a plus. i plan on changing the cream puff seats out and putting in buckets. any seat suggestions would be great. i also want to remove the chrome trim, vinyl half top, lower the car a bit, make it handle better ,change the heads, possibly to vortec heads, fix the leaky seals and paint it. my eventual goal is to have a pro touring look with around 350-400 horse nothing to crazy. i'm not a fan of the wheels on the car, i wouldnt mind putting a set of iroc wheels on the car but i would like to do something different. is there any way i could make a set of c5 vette wheels fit? let me know what you guys think, if its worth doing etc.

Attachments

• cutlass.JPG
    cutlass.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 932
  • New Image4.JPG
    New Image4.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 932

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
thanks man. i just lost my ambition with the quad. i have always wanted a cutlass, its nice to get something you've always wanted.

svltrack

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2009
I agree it is nice. You got the good end of that deal..

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
ya know i never did like thos rims, but for some reason they seem to fit the car. hmmm...

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
welcome !!

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
beermonkey9417 said:
ya know i never did like thos rims, but for some reason they seem to fit the car. hmmm...
i agree they look ok. i'm just more of a 5 spoke kind of guy. not to mention my dads friend put those style wheels on every dodge truck he rebuilt and color matched the centers. after seeing 10-20 some dodge trucks with those rims i'm reeeeally tired of seeing them.

madmaxstyle

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2009
Alberta
Nice ride. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor