Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Get a vault door....make the whole thing a safe!
Well here's my thinking. I helped a buddy move a safe that he bought into his house. Took 5 of us and some heavy equipment. He can still only comfortably fit maybe 20-25 long guns in it. Of course they say it will hold 60 or some ridiculous number. So I figured why make the guns hard to get if you hide them and people can't even find them, they can't be stolen!

Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
All of mine are replaceable. Some have sentimental value. If I had anything unique or one of a kind, I would secure them.

I have them covered on insurance, and keep them in a wooded gun cabinet.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Mine aren't anything all that special or unique. More just an easy place to put all of my hunting related stuff in one spot without tracking mud throughout the house.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Been a busy few days. Besides having the electric line disconnected from the house, it is officially ready for demo thanks to a bunch of good friends. Made quite a few trips to the house we're staying in and got the stuff we need for the next few months moved. Everyone came over this morning and in 2.5 hours not only had the house emptied into the storage container, but all the vinyl double hung windows I wanted to save removed too!

IMG_20190714_130930.jpg

IMG_20190714_130953.jpg

IMG_20190714_131009.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm so tuned into this rebuild!!! I'm anxious to see the new place get build on the existing property!
Me too! LOL but honestly, my wife and I have been dreaming of this moment for years. She actually shed a tear earlier when we were all done. Lots of memories in that house but it was time for it to go. If you look closely you can see the siding goes all the way to the ground. The sill plate was about 4-5 inches below ground level 😲 Yes it was rotted and basically gone. There was no fixing this house. It served it's purpose for 14 years but it's time had come. It was what I could afford after my divorce. Was still in the same town I grew up in and where I wanted my son to go to school. The school system is still rated in the top 500 of the nation, also happens to be one of the cleanest lakes in the entire world. We used to be fourth but we've slipped a little to twelfth IIRC.

Reactions: 6 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I love demolition work. In about three hours that house could be gone! If only I could afford to do what you are doing I would too. I lost my last acreage because I could not finance a new house on the land. I deeded it back and bought another one. Still can not afford a new house so we are dumping 80000 into this old one. Hope all goes well for you!

Reactions: 4 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
That's a cute little house there. Kinda sucks that it has some pretty serious issues but the new one will be really nice!

I built a reasonably sized garage on my new house. It fits two cars nicely.

• Indifferent
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Your garage isn't big enough, it never is. JK, I had a 16x37 foot garage with a huge concrete double wide driveway. It was great for doing engines etc. Much better than my current 12x24 foot glorified shack with a very cracked floor with a gravel driveway.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor