New Member from Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aity6MonteCarlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2008
I am from Auburn, Alabama. I have a '86 Monte Carlo LS. It is stock for right now. I have taken off the smog pump, and fixed some of the worn out parts. It is currently my daily driver. I am about to get a 350 small block to rebuild and do an engine swap.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Hey welcome to the forum. Not too many LS's on here. Can't wait for pic's

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Welcome. Auburn, huh. My family's from Phenix City, right down the road from you.

Aity6MonteCarlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2008
jae said:
Welcome. Auburn, huh. My family's from Phenix City, right down the road from you.

Yeah? I know where that is, never been out that way, besides riding through on the way to ATL.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site! sounds like a good car on your hands.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I thought the LS had the one piece headlights...
Am I mistaken, or did somebody swap on the regular front clip?
I know the Monte euro clips are just as spendy as the Cutlass euro clips, and are very popular, so I could see it getting swapped, or if it was damaged being too costly to replace...
I wish I still had my '81 Monte...but now I'm rambling.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Aity6MonteCarlo said:
jae said:

Yeah? I know where that is, never been out that way, besides riding through on the way to ATL.

Yeah, that's when most folks hit it, riding through on the 280 Bypass on their way to ATL, Columbus or FT. Benning. I was down there last week of August (sad occasion unfortunately :cry: ); might get down there again this year.

Anyway, good luck with the Monte and welcome to the board.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Your Monte must be a CL. Look at my pic's, the LS had composite headlights, the chrome on the sides was up more toward the center, and the rear end was more like that of an SS, trunk, taillights and rear bumper were also different. LS came in 86 and went through 88. That's still a good looking Monte you have though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor