Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
I'm introducing myself as requested. I am planning on buying a G-Body Cutlass very soon and wish to learn the ropes so I know what I'm buying. I'd rather know what to look for than make a mistake and wish I hadn't, as I've done lots of that in my lifetime. Thinking Cutlass. :giggle:
I would say I'm an accomplish car builder and have had a few cars published in the past and I learn quickly enough. Reading through the posts on this forum shows me I have much to learn, there are very smart g-body people here that's for sure. I hope I can keep up.

Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
welcome to the site,if i can share anything,buy the nicest ride you can afford that way you're starting off with a much nicer platform that doesn't need nearly as much work in the long run.i hope that came out rite.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
Sure did. Thanks and that's the plan.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'm introducing myself as requested. I am planning on buying a G-Body Cutlass very soon and wish to learn the ropes so I know what I'm buying. I'd rather know what to look for than make a mistake and wish I hadn't, as I've done lots of that in my lifetime. Thinking Cutlass. :giggle:
I would say I'm an accomplish car builder and have had a few cars published in the past and I learn quickly enough. Reading through the posts on this forum shows me I have much to learn, there are very smart g-body people here that's for sure. I hope I can keep up.
Welcome, would love to see some of the published cars

Reactions: 1 user

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
Reactions: 2 users

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
Some others I've owned:
1963-dodge-440-440-street.jpg
13305203365.jpg

Clip Reciept.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Welcome.

I'd definitely recommend a Cutlass. :) Of course, I'm biased. Along with the excellent advice already given about starting with a rust-free and straight as possible example, first decide what you want to do with it. Ever notice how painters never start with dirty, broken canvas with holes in them? Same with the A/G body work of art. The hardest part is trying to figure out which year you want to get.

If restoring it to it's former glory is the goal, that's one set of problems. Like finding good used, or new/NOS parts. They're getting to be slim pickings. If modifying/restification is in the cards, that's quite another story in itself, but you got lots more options.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor