MALIBU New member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystre71

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2018
HI and welcome. I'm new here myself. I have a 78 bench seat with a 4 speed. Did you check to make sure your alternator is working properly ? Also you could try what I did to get around the cats. just tell the shop its a 77. Most don't check.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Welcome from a fellow Gbody owner from Iowa. What town are you from? Alternator's are known to cause that kind of problem. Unhook the alternator and see if it drains the battery. A nother test you can try is, take the positive battery cable off and lightly tuch it on the battery post. If it jumps a spark pretty good you have a draw. Pull fuses one at a time and check for the spark. There are a lot of us guy's spread out through Iowa if you need a hand.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Jesse.
Looks like I haven't had a chance to welcome you. Nice Malibu.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool car!

Reactions: 1 user

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Welcome aboard. nice ride.

• Agree

Jesse80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
Zach, I’m up in Estherville.
Haven’t had much time to play with my car, works been crazy with people taking vacation.
Thanks to the rest of you for the welcomes.

Jesse80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
So my electrical draw seems to have been my old oem starter. I switched to a high torque starter and haven’t had the issue so far this year. The battery has been hooked up for a few weeks and it started right up today, well as good as a carb will that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor