New Member With An Old Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

American Muscle 79

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2018
San Diego, CA
Welcome from Idaho! That is a very nice car! I'm pretty partial to Malibus as well. Have an '81 crew cab thats kinda warmed over, an '81 wagon, and a '78 El Camino that I got when I was 17. No two doors yet...
Glad to see that I'm in good company! I'd really like to get my hands on either a wagon or ElCo in the near future. It's gotta be cool to have a couple cars with the same face, but different rears.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hey Scott. Thanks for the response. It's a bit of a rat's nest in there. I'm going to be sorting out some of it in the next few weeks, but here's the last picture I took since I put in the new headers.
Chris, that doesn't look bad. Where are you located? What are the specs on that SBC? I ran a 355 in my Cutlass for a decade and had a blast with it until it blew up! I ended up getting bit my the LS bug and am currently working on a 5.3 that will be getting some hair dryers at some point.

Here's a pic of the EFI'd 355 (rip)!
20150426_185056.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

American Muscle 79

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2018
San Diego, CA
Chris, that doesn't look bad. Where are you located? What are the specs on that SBC? I ran a 355 in my Cutlass for a decade and had a blast with it until it blew up! I ended up getting bit my the LS bug and am currently working on a 5.3 that will be getting some hair dryers at some point.

Here's a pic of the EFI'd 355 (rip)! View attachment 81764
Wow! That's something else! What a seriously beautiful engine bay!

I live in San Diego. It's just a stock bottom end for now. I've just started preparing something on the side that can handle some boost.

As it sits, it's got a set of Scorpion Performance Racing Aluminum Heads, a Weiand Team-G single plane intake manifold, a little baby Holley 670 CFM carb, some Hooker Super Competition Headers, and a Howard's Hydraulic Cam. Nothing special yet.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Wow! That's something else! What a seriously beautiful engine bay!

I live in San Diego. It's just a stock bottom end for now. I've just started preparing something on the side that can handle some boost.

As it sits, it's got a set of Scorpion Performance Racing Aluminum Heads, a Weiand Team-G single plane intake manifold, a little baby Holley 670 CFM carb, some Hooker Super Competition Headers, and a Howard's Hydraulic Cam. Nothing special yet.
The compliments are much appreciated! It took alot of time to make that engine look like it wouldn't run. I'm hoping to accomplish the same aesthetic appearance with the LS, time will tell!

Keep us posted on the new engine build, if there is anyway we can help just let us know.

Reactions: 3 users

American Muscle 79

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2018
San Diego, CA
The compliments are much appreciated! It took alot of time to make that engine look like it wouldn't run. I'm hoping to accomplish the same aesthetic appearance with the LS, time will tell!

Keep us posted on the new engine build, if there is anyway we can help just let us know.
Excellent. Thanks for sharing with me. Now I've got some inspiration. I'll update as I make those changes.

Thanks!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Chris.
Always nice to see another beautiful Malibu join our ranks. Thank you for your proper introduction. Hopefully you'll stick around and be part of the crew. Enjoy the site....definitely the best G-body site on the web.

• Agree

American Muscle 79

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2018
San Diego, CA
Welcome aboard Chris.
Always nice to see another beautiful Malibu join our ranks. Thank you for your proper introduction. Hopefully you'll stick around and be part of the crew. Enjoy the site....definitely the best G-body site on the web.
Thank you! That's a great looking wagon! Glad to be a part of the community!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Welcome from Iowa. That is a good looking car! How do like that carb hat and hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor