New Member With An Old Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

American Muscle 79

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2018
San Diego, CA
Welcome from Iowa. That is a good looking car! How do like that carb hat and hose?
Thanks! The carb hat is great, the hose, not so much. I plan on doing some actual piping from the carb hat, to the hole in the fender that I cut for the intake. The hose is kind of brittle, and I assume it makes the incoming air pretty turbulent.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Chris; I like how low yours sets & nice work on the grill. So how quick is it, 1/4 mile? And where ya from? And we can't get enough pictures. Ok maybe I shouldn't of said we! Us Malibu owners can't get enough Malibu pictures. Check out mine I've had it 39 years, I did make a few changes. Glad to have ya, Ole' Bob

Reactions: 1 users

American Muscle 79

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2018
San Diego, CA
Welcome Chris; I like how low yours sets & nice work on the grill. So how quick is it, 1/4 mile? And where ya from? And we can't get enough pictures. Ok maybe I shouldn't of said we! Us Malibu owners can't get enough Malibu pictures. Check out mine I've had it 39 years, I did make a few changes. Glad to have ya, Ole' Bob
Thank you Bob! Believe it or not, I used to Google search Malibus looking for inspiration and saw yours a few times. Yours has a perfect stance!

I actually have a new grill I need to paint and install, there's a slight crack on my current one.

I haven't run the car in the quarter mile since it had 2.73 gears, a junkyard TH350, and its old bulletproof truck engine. The drivetrain has been completely replaced a couple of times since then, but now, I'd estimate it would run around 14's. It definitely needs a bigger carb and a tune. Sadly, I'm in San Diego, so there aren't any quarter mile drag strips nearby. I would like to get in a run at the 1/8 mile track they have at the stadium here.

You can understand why I wouldn't want to make a far drive to a quarter mile track, what with the 4.30 gears and a 3-speed

Here's a video of a cold start from this last weekend. (Open headers right now)

Reactions: 3 users

Matthew85SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2018
I'm new here too. Nice to see new members after me lol. Nice car! I've got an 1985 Monte Carlo SS. Needs paint. Thinking about putting it on some Pontiac GTA-type wheels on it.

Attachments

• 01212_58SwPacbjGW_600x450.jpg
    01212_58SwPacbjGW_600x450.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 327
  • 00303_63yFeXCVntN_600x450.jpg
    00303_63yFeXCVntN_600x450.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 329

American Muscle 79

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2018
San Diego, CA
I'm new here too. Nice to see new members after me lol. Nice car! I've got an 1985 Monte Carlo SS. Needs paint. Thinking about putting it on some Pontiac GTA-type wheels on it.

Hey! That's a cool looking Monte! Yeah, I think some GTA wheels would really set it apart too.

What does it have for its drivetrain? I've always liked the Monte Carlo. It's definitely got the most muscular look to it for all the G-Bodies.

• Agree

Matthew85SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2018
Hey! That's a cool looking Monte! Yeah, I think some GTA wheels would really set it apart too.

What does it have for its drivetrain? I've always liked the Monte Carlo. It's definitely got the most muscular look to it for all the G-Bodies.
Thanks. It's got the 180 hp high output option, along with the 3.73 rear end.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor