matty_krv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2023
IMG_2123.jpeg

Hey There! My name is Matty I live in the Sierra Mountains and my daily is an ‘85 ElCo with a fuel injected 383 Stroker, th700r Transmission, Headers, 10 Bolt 8.5”Posi Rear End, Complete UMI Stage 3.5 suspension upgrade wth a 1” drop.

I’ve replaced most everything inside and out just finished adding the SS MC steering box with a solid intermediary shaft too. Runs like a top but my problem now is that I’m having trouble finding seals to replace the ones on my recently acquired snug top camper shell. Anyone have any insight on what I can use and where to find it?

Thanks!

Reactions: 5 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Welcome. Bad *ss looking Elco. Start a build thread and/or post some pictures. I'd like to see the camper and would like to find one for mine. This forum is very helpful but we like visuals!

Reactions: 1 user

matty_krv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2023
Welcome. Bad *ss looking Elco. Start a build thread and/or post some pictures. I'd like to see the camper and would like to find one for mine. This forum is very helpful but we like visuals!
Thanks man! Will do!

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, def looking forward to more pics

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Great looking Elk, welcome aboard! Sorry I have no leads on camper shell seals, but I second the vote for a build thread.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GbodyForum!
You have a pretty good start on a nice El Camino. I’m sure there is someone here that will be able to advise you on the bed topper seals.
Have you thought of making your own out of some rubber strips? Sometimes creativity is the best course of action.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
welcome to the site,sounds like you're off to a great start with your car..I'm not familiar with the campers/their related parts but do you have a picture of one for reference?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor