New motor, New drivetrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Yeah. I'm putting enough money into the motor of this car,its time for a REAL transmission. (i don't like automatics) I'm ditching this 700R4 because it's been nothing but drag/ money pit. And to build it to take the amount of power the new motor is going to push, i'll need at least 850$ worth of work.

I'm picking up a 3 speed saginaw off my friend FOR NOW, I'll be upgrading to a muncie M22 later on.

I've been reading allot on this post, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15430

This is an 1988 Monte Carlo SS, Any opinions where i should start? I've pretty much got the trans secured, what should i pickup next??

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ
You said your getting a 3 speed saginaw do you know how much they go for used and how about the pedal assy ??? I just got my car started yesterday and I have a 700r4 and I dumped alot in to it . Good luck

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
I don't know how much they go for, my friend races and uses nothing but 3 speed saginaws in his late model, and has a pile, literally. He hooked me up with one for cheap. Yeah i've got the 700R4 and got allot into it, but it's just not what i want. I'm holding on to it and the rest of the setup though, just incase one day i want to throw it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor