New-Old Guy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2014
Council Bluffs, IA
I am new to the board but not new to G-Bodies. I have owned my 1981 Malibu for 28 years. It is my current garage find....right there in my own garage. The kids are getting old enough that I am getting some time back in the garage. We are going through checking stuff out to make it road worthy again. It is hard to explain but it feels good working on this one again...I think she missed me. Anyway - I will upload a photo as soon as I can figure it out. Heck I only have one photo of it with me at work. I guess I really have been neglecting her...

stoggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2014
Council Bluffs, IA
in the daylight...

Attachments

• malibu rh.jpg
    malibu rh.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 306

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Welcome aboard. Thats a nice looking Malibu. You've kept it in nice shape.

Any background story as well? Like when you did the paint, body, etc. to it. How long was it in storage?

stoggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2014
Council Bluffs, IA
This probably tells the story better than me typing a lot: http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicle ... vy_malibu/
I have done the car 3 times - this iteration was painted in 1996 and "finished" in 1998. Then kidos came along in '99. I drove it a little when they were small but it really sat for just about 10 years. Looking back the big year it had 22 miles on it. The insurance company dropped me becuase they thought I was lying about the annual miles. 3 years ago I cleaned it up to take it to Hot Rods show in Lincoln, NE and made it about 10 miles before the alternator gave up. It has really collected dust the last couple years - but it is time to change that!! The car is a blast to drive 350 with B&M blower, 700R4, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, sway bars...I probably have to learn to drive it again...nah it'll be like a bike:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor