New Pump - Old Box - Odd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Where did you buy the steering box and what ratio is it?

I agree, it's great you came back to let us know what the problem was and the fix....:)

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
Thanks guys! The box Was actually purchased off Rock Auto - I am normally very against this but It worked out well. I didn't bother sending the old one back because I'm going to do a cut-away and donate it to the auto shop at my job at the high school auto program. I got the box shipped to me with the price of the core and everything for like $160-$175. I did purchase a new Rag Joint - but I did not install it because I did not want to drill out the rivets and go through all that trouble when the old one was in pretty good shape. When I pull the body off the chassis I will replace the rag joint. Rag joint was $12.
The bolts were healthy and did not need replacing and the pitman arm seemed fine. Everything went together well... thankfully. The ratio is the stock ratio for 1987 -1988 Monte Carlo SS or Grand National.. I don't remember off the top of my head but 12 something maybe. It works well for what I need! Thanks again everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor