Not open for further replies.

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
Here's my Pioneer I installed in my '83 Grand Prix

pioneerstereo2.jpg

pioneerstereo.jpg

What I did was I used the old mounting kit (made for shaft radio), I measured what I need to cut out, used my Dremel (any rotary tool will work well) and started cutting. Filed down so the cut was clean and strait, my headunit drops right in snug. It works very well and looks good. The only thing I have to do now is install the final trim to cover up the metal lips of the cage. I have to trim down on the trim first as it does not fit in the small area.

I recommend my method because it looks good and is free if you have the original "mounting kit".

I did this as a last resort, I bought one of those universal mounting kits that said it would fit in my Grand Prix, it even included detail instructions on how to take apart my dash, but the kit was waaaay toooo big and would work unless I chopped up my dash. Which I didn't want to do because it would look really bad. Basically I paid $12 for instructions on how to take apart my dash, and got a bunch of plastic sh*t with those instructions! lol

2-3 hours later I got what you see there. Most of that time was fiddling with the damn universal mounting kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor