New rims on my Cutlass (You're gonna hate this!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the chrome rallyes, but it's your car.

Those rear wheels look like they're pretty close to hitting. I sure hope you don't have to butcher your quarters to make them fit.

cutting what? the fender? i wouldn't do that....looks good, 22 inch spokes always look bigger than 22 inch non spoke rims i don't know maybe it's the long spokes that play a trick on the eye...did the DONK bug bite ya since you from FL? lol i bet it's crazy to see cars on 6's, 8's, and 30's like nothing over there. is that your backyard? i wish i had my own lift!!!

Love the look! I am thinking about getting 20 inch wires with hex knockoffs for my ride. The 87 GP looks nice. I am still debating on either 13's or 20's wires. Knockoff wires have always looked good to me and its just a matter of taste.

85GPLef41 said:
Love the look! I am thinking about getting 20 inch wires with hex knockoffs for my ride. The 87 GP looks nice. I am still debating on either 13's or 20's wires. Knockoff wires have always looked good to me and its just a matter of taste.

Yea i highly advise going for 20s unless you are willing to spend some extra cash on lift spindles n what not. We tried doing it on a budget, air shocks in back, twist-in coil knuckles in the front, but the wheels are hittin the front of the fenders when I turn. I took off my fender trim and still no luck. The tires are 285-30-22 so I'm switching to 255-30-22 this weekend so hopefully that will help some. We may have to get lift spindles for the front to clear them better.

cutty_22s_4.jpg

Phoenyx said:
Those rear wheels look like they're pretty close to hitting. I sure hope you don't have to butcher your quarters to make them fit.

I know lol but surprisingly the rear is not really an issue at all. The exhaust was hitting a little but that's an easy fix. It's the front that's a pain. If only the wheels didn't have to turn lol.

350_85cutty said:
cutting what? the fender? i wouldn't do that....looks good, 22 inch spokes always look bigger than 22 inch non spoke rims i don't know maybe it's the long spokes that play a trick on the eye...did the DONK bug bite ya since you from FL? lol i bet it's crazy to see cars on 6's, 8's, and 30's like nothing over there. is that your backyard? i wish i had my own lift!!!

Yea they look huge. My buddy has a 2001 Cadillac DeVille with 22 inch blade style rims and mine look way bigger. I think it's a combination of my car being a bit smaller and the look of the wires. And no I wish that was my backyard. It's my friends, he has a small shop here with a couple lifts. I used to have 13x7 100 spokes on this car, I've always been into lowriders and donks. Just a southern thing I guess.

Reactions: Emmanuel cuellar
ugh. take a gbody and make it useless.

they sell suv's still you know right?

In a side note, minus the giant LOOK AT ME wheels, your car is pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor