Tail light to bumper alignment

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I ran across a project monte carlo that has the tail lights not lined up with the bumper. What is wrong with this pic. Both side are this way . Its like bumper has been drawn in
20231018_184624.jpg
20231018_184630.jpg
20190711_172144.jpg

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
Pull off the bumper cover and see if something is damaged. It looks like the center may be pushed in too far. Maybe the car was rear ended and it may have an aftermarket bumper cover or bumper bar or hidden damage. You won't know until you look!

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Pull off the bumper cover and see if something is damaged. It looks like the center may be pushed in too far. Maybe the car was rear ended and it may have an aftermarket bumper cover or bumper bar or hidden damage. You won't know until you look!
Its not mine, a friend has it. I was just wondering

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
The bumper looks straight in person an lines up with deck lid. Maybe wrong tail lights. Dont know just brainstorming

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
That plastic shrinks, sags, and warps over time and exposure to the elements. You can see it warped in the middle, and even pulling away from the quarter panel just slightly where it's bolted up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
That plastic shrinks, sags, and warps over time and exposure to the elements. You can see it warped in the middle, and even pulling away from the quarter panel just slightly where it's bolted up.
Im thinking it has shrunk and warped so that it contracted in. It just throws me off that its uniform in that both sides have the same gap, same overhang.

Still a good project and if my friend changes his mine ill drag it home also lol

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Im thinking it has shrunk and warped so that it contracted in. It just throws me off that its uniform in that both sides have the same gap, same overhang.

Still a good project and if my friend changes his mine ill drag it home also lol
Yea pretty much. I would snatch it up real quick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor