Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I bought a GN tank off ebay from some seller like AZchevy or something. I think the sender was cheapsest on rock auto. Find the tank part number of rock auto or whatver, type in ebay and maybe wait for a 10% off sale on top of that.

It was as cheap as rock auto but free shipping, which on a box as big as a fuel tank isn't anything to scoff at.

I used a propane torch to de sweat the factory filler neck from my GP tank. I made sure to fill the old tank FULL of water before I went after it. I removed the factory neck and had a local radiator shop silver solder it back on for $20. Fills perfect and drops in the right spot.

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yep, I bought my GN tank for $82.50 with no sender and free shipping from the ebay seller "bobsclassicchevy "

I checked and they don't have the tank anymore. My guess is they lost their rear on that sale, Rock auto wanted like $25 shipping on their $95 tank.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
does spectra have a tank for 1980 cutlass calais? i haven't been able to find one yet.
Cross-reference the part numbers. You may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere. Go to RockAuto.com for the data below. Click on Info and the part number to see more info about each tank type.
Tanks.JPG

If you are contemplating fuel injection, you may want to keep an eye out for the tank in this link - it has baffles to protect the pickup from being uncovered when the fuel shifts in a low tank.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2848485&cc=1055191&jsn=632

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor