New to Forum - 84 Pontiac GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
I am new to the forum. I have an 84 Pontiac GP that *had* a 231 V6 and THM200 Automatic. Right now, there is no engine or transmission in the car as I am working on a restoration. My plan, so far, is to swap in a Olds 403 V8 for a 78 Trans Am. I may change my mind, if parts and $ are an issue. Anyway, I hope you all are of help along the way. This is my first ever restoration project. This is my second G Body I have owned.

My first (and my overall first car) was an 81 Cutlass 4 door with the same powertrain. I did some work to the car, mainly a whole new interior. However, after I graduated college and got a job, I needed more reliable transporation (the engine started using too much oil). Living with my parents and no garage...well, you can figure out the rest. Who knows, with a dash like new, I still may have had that car. Oh well.

BTW, I am noticing that good body panels here in Altoona PA (rust belt) are getting harder to come by.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like a good projecy you have got going on. Any questions, always here to help. GPs r not my expertise, but I know others here have got the knowledge, so ask away. Keep us posted as u go also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor