new to gbody forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

am_martinez93

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2012
my name is Aaron im 19 and last fall i got my hands on my dream car as a kid an 87 cutlass supreme...just recently i just started working on it and got it running...the previous owner pulled the v6 and put in a 305 backed by a 700r4 trans...im new to Oldsmobile but have always owned gms...got the car running and made sure it was okay to finish getting it together...bought a cross member from gbody parts and it fits awesome couldn't ask for a better fit...got some long tube headers off jegs and got it all buttoned up...when i got the car in the trunk there was an almost new dash that i had no idea about up until a couple weeks ago i didnt ever think to open the trunk ...it had everything including the wiring harness which was uncut and also the speedo cable...the old dash was sun beat and cracked in multiple places and was coming apart as me and my brother ripped it out on Easter...put the new dash in and it was a direct bolt in...didnt even have to change the harness and it pluged right in and everything worked after changing a few fuses...still have to hook up the coolant gauge and the oil guage but everything else works...that was one thing i was wondering about is if it the connectors on the sensors are the same from an olds to a chevy...what wires go to the sensors and where about are they located...do they come from the ecu harness on the passenger side or do they come out the harness coming out the fuse block under the dash for the oil and coolant sensors...

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 454
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 461
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 445
  • my cutlass.jpg
    my cutlass.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 447
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 422
Welcome to the forum. Nice cutlass. I think you could just go to autozone & order the temp & oil gauge for a 87 monte with a 305 car with gauges (don't get the units for warning lights, they're different)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor