New to the Forum, new to G body's

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2012
Hi everyone. Newbie here. My name is Rich Halsey and I'm from Street, Maryland.
I come from a long line of drag racers and always have had some sort of hot rod but have never had a G Body.
I had a tube chassis 68 Camaro that I sold last year and decided it was time to find my cruiser.
Found a 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme on Craigslist. Has a knocking 3.7 in it currently but the body is almost perfect and the interior is pretty nice also so I grabbed it.

Plan on building something with decent power but still want to keep it very streetable and retain all the factory goodies.
I typically get carried away on the engines but have made my mind not to do so this time so that I can enjoy this car a little more than the cars I have had in the past. The 7 second 1/4 miles are fun but I want something my wife and I can jump in and go wherever and whenever we want.

Looking forward to learning from all the G body experts here.

The journey begins !!

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome aboard, Rich.

Doug

lvngded

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2009
Chicago
Welcome, your proposal seems close to my goal as well. A nice streetable car that can upset the various street vermin driving Hondas. Good luck and we love pics just so you know.

Mike

joesch_1999

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2010
Welcome to the site, fun for sunday drives and still dependable, go with a 502, 400 turbo trans, for starters, a mild 11 sec car would be fun and dependable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor