New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanZ

n00b
Jul 14, 2009
Puyallup Wa.
:D Just picked up a '79 malibu, v8 a/c car with no engine for WAY cheap. Installing a
Decent small block (300hp or so). Getting old so the a/c is going back in!. Very lucky in that there is no rust, no landau top ever (no rust!!). All exterrior trim is in great shape. The car was spray painted black-over the straight factory maroon. Actually, not a bad thing-it is thick and has protected the metal well-more sanding though. Got a plan: GM never made a Malibu SS. I want to build what I think they should have built:
For now-1986-1987 or so z-28 wheels, painted a medium gray metallic and matching SS stripes. If I can find one (HELP), m-80 rear spoiler. Ideas anyone?
Darrel

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
oldmanZ said:
Got a plan: GM never made a Malibu SS. I want to build what I think they should have built:
For now-1986-1987 or so z-28 wheels, painted a medium gray metallic and matching SS stripes. If I can find one (HELP), m-80 rear spoiler. Ideas anyone?
Darrel

LMAO, I have been thinking about the same thing lately (but my Malibu's a 4-door, so that justwont work lol).

But I would go for some older ralley wheels rather than the 80s Camero ones. And I'm not to sure, but I don't think Malibu SS's came with spoilers. So I would pass on that myself, but that's just my idea lol. I look forward to seeing how you 'SS' turns out.

oldmanZ

n00b
Jul 14, 2009
Puyallup Wa.
Thanks for the welcome. Trying to do this one on the cheap as a daily driver. Should be on the street for about 3300.00 including paint. When money (the wife) allows, It will get suspension, manual transmission, real power....... LOL. Still going for the never built SS thing.
Darrel

bobcat

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Nice find on the Malibu! Not many for sale around here.....

Hey mkiiisupra, do you (or have you) own a Yota?

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Welcome, :popcorn: i like the ss idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor