New Video of my 1980 Malibu Big Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
Thanks...it will most likely get a bit quieter when I finish the exhaust. I want it to come back and finish out behind the rear wheels. Like factory. I should have that done sometime in April or May.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
Does anyone have any suggestions on upper and lower A frame bushings? I don't have a problem going with a stock replacement. I just don't want to get an aftermarket brand and have them be red or blue. I'd like to find a set that would offer some more stability but still have the stock appearence in a stock A frame. Any thoughts?

MonteCarloSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2008
Virginia
Thanks...it will most likely get a bit quieter when I finish the exhaust. I want it to come back and finish out behind the rear wheels. Like factory. I should have that done sometime in April or May.

No Headers? What are the exhaust manifolds off of ?

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
I am running stock exhaust manifolds. They are off of a 74-76 454 pick up or suburban. I also ceramic coated them in cast iron gray. Headers won't fit with the four speed unless you use a hydryalic clutch. There should be a spot in the video that shows the exhaust manifolds pretty good.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Man I love that 'BU!!!!!!!!! A Huge fan :D

LIVE4RDO

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2010
Staten Island, New York
You could use Hooker 2241s with the big block and regular clutch. I have that set up in my 78 Bu. One of the tubes requires slight modification to clear the Z bar.

LIVE4RDO

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2010
Staten Island, New York
What size tires and rims are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor