New wagon guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfini1942

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2018
Libertyville, Illinois
That's a sweet looking Nomad, John.. The last time I rode in one was back in '60's. A local guy that I knew used his as a tow car. He would pull his '36 Ford coupe to the track.

I'll have to go back and see how to post an avatar picture. It's been awhile.
Thanks for the reply. I have owned the Nomad for 42 years. I also have an old Ford. It's a 1939 Ford Standard Coupe resto-rod.

Attachments

• 20150718_114646_resized.jpg
    20150718_114646_resized.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the reply. I have owned the Nomad for 42 years. I also have an old Ford. It's a 1939 Ford Standard Coupe resto-rod.
Now there's a fine looking automobile. I always liked '39 and '40 coupes, sedans, and pickups. Thanks for sharing the pics. You're making me envious:D. What else are you hiding in your bag of tricks?
The standard coupe is pretty unique compared to the deluxe.

Jfini1942

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2018
Libertyville, Illinois
Now there's a fine looking automobile. I always liked '39 and '40 coupes, sedans, and pickups. Thanks for sharing the pics. You're making me envious:D. What else are you hiding in your bag of tricks?
The standard coupe is pretty unique compared to the deluxe.
My first car was a 40 DeLuxe. Kind of like the ugly duckling Std. No other oldies now but in the past, the bag of tricks contained my first Nomad that I sold while I was building the second one I have now. In the past three years I sold my 1966 Nova street rod that I built from ground up. My 1952 Chevy Coupe, all stock with killer black paint, my 1981 LeMans wagon that I had for 12 years and a 1989 Ford T-Bird Super Coupe I bought brand new. Oh, one more, my 1979 Kawasaki LTD. 1000 motorcycle I bought new. These were my toys. Build till you die we say. Looking for next wagon project. Maybe 57 Ford, Del Rio is neat.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My first car was a 40 DeLuxe. Kind of like the ugly duckling Std. No other oldies now but in the past, the bag of tricks contained my first Nomad that I sold while I was building the second one I have now. In the past three years I sold my 1966 Nova street rod that I built from ground up. My 1952 Chevy Coupe, all stock with killer black paint, my 1981 LeMans wagon that I had for 12 years and a 1989 Ford T-Bird Super Coupe I bought brand new. Oh, one more, my 1979 Kawasaki LTD. 1000 motorcycle I bought new. These were my toys. Build till you die we say. Looking for next wagon project. Maybe 57 Ford, Del Rio is neat.
You had some nice vehicles, no doubt. A '57 Del Rio would be a sweet find. There was one that used to show up at the local cruise-in. It was absolutely breathtaking. When I looked at it, I said to the owner, "nice Ranchwagon". He corrected me by telling me it was a Del Rio. Great body style.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Welcome John, nice unmolested wagon there.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
As much as I like your Cutlass Cruiser, I love the Nomad. Their one year only big rear wheel openings. The wider fender and door moulding. It was the cleanest one of the 3 year run.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from AZ. Nice looking wagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor