New Wheels and parts! (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Well I scored big today. Been looking for a new set of wheels for a while as mentioned in my other post. Well I went over to my buddy John's (username itsnotanova) house to pick up the original ss spoiler. He also sold me the 700r4, megashifter, correct driveshaft, and crossmember a couple months ago for 150$. He was going to let me borrow a set of those 16in camaro wheels that have the two or three grooves in them to see if I liked them on my car. Then he mentioned he had some old ralleys. So I go over and instantly want to buy these wheels and he gives me a price of 100$. I would have sh** chickens if he didn't already have chickens. So I'm gonna do some paint work with them like I did with the IROC rims and see what I come up with. He also had a pair of A body springs I'm going to try out to see how much it lowers the rear and post before and after pics for you guys.

I told him "John I'm gonna find a place for your name on my car". Now that he has DSL I better see him up here more often lol. :mrgreen: 8)

100_2658.jpg

100_2659.jpg

100_2657.jpg

100_2543.jpg

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Re: New Wheels and parts!

I need help with this guys. I test fitted on of the wheels on the back driverside of the car. Problem is the only chrome on the whole car is the exhaust tip and door handles. So have wheels with chrome on them just isn't sitting right with me. I thought about paint the rim itself the same bright red as the car then painting the beauty ring and center with gun metal gray to match the stripes. What do you think? My old man thinks the car looks better with the IROC rims because they're "period correct".

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
yer dads right, ill take those rims off yer hands... :lol: the thing is thos rims would look better if you got rid of the rings and painted the rims gunmetal and then paint the edges of the holes and the rim outer lip red like the i-rock rims. imho...

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Paint them black, set the beauty rings aside, and just use the center caps. And ditch the white letters.

stenberg83

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2010
Charlotte, Michigan
I would say go with the iroc wheels... They just fit ur car perfectly.
Id think that the rallys would look good if u lost the rings and center caps and just paint em black.
But even do that and imo the irocs would still look better.
I mean u could just get soft 8's :)

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
i like white letters on the tires but thats me. i think they both would look good

fatload2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2010
Whorelando FL
beermonkey9417 said:
the thing is thos rims would look better if you got rid of the rings and painted the rims gunmetal and then paint the edges of the holes and the rim outer lip red like the i-rock rims. imho...

This dudes got the right idea. I was thinkin' the exact same thing. BTW are the tires all the same size? I'd do a slightly beefier tire in the rear as it always looks good on the rally's

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm kinda liking the white letters myself, but the tires are shot on these rims and need replacement. My irocs have brand new potenza road tires that have served me well so far in the handling department. My old man did the paint work on the iroc rims and he thinks those look better and he told me "I think your just going through pairs of underwear" lol. I've always liked the old ralleys... they seem to fit nicely on the malibus. The rear tires are 255's while the fronts are 245's. I'm have clearance issues in the back as the tire is touching the frame rail, so if I use these I think I have to get 1/2 inch to 1 inch spacers.

100_2668.jpg

100_2669.jpg

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
could ya get a full shot of the car? something just dont look right about them rallies on yer car. too much chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor