newb from texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayschevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 7, 2009
longview,texas
hey everyone,been reading this forum for a few days.in the process of buying a 86 monte carlo,money is getting there slowly.i found the vin #'s page and the rpo page.helped me alot.the car has a 5.0 v8,4sp. o/d transmission. a/c-doesnt work lol.
couldnt find any codes for the rearend.did find the code gu1-2.41 gears.
have a few questions,are those gears any good?i know 3.42 would be better
codes i found for the transmission-mxo-mw9.for a thm2004r correct? the dash says overdrive.
it has a good eng. and i assume the transmission is good. needs alot of interior work,door wise.hinges, door panels,door seals.
rollup windows. needs body work a few dents in the back, has a hack paint job.
my cousin used to own it. i've been told the drivers bucket seat is broke.she was a big woman.will check it out.
glad to have a new project,i wrecked my s10 and bent the frame, so thats all of that.
the bushings and shocks have probably never been replaced,pushed the front fender down and it bounced like jello. :lol:
now i will have more room for my puppy to roll around in,after all seats have been covered.i dont think its a bad deal for 700.00. hey yall have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor