Nitro and Electric RC Trucks, Truggies, Short Course, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Re: Nitro and Electric RC Trucks, Truggies, Short Course, et

I used to be really into it... A long time ago.

I'd get into it again, but it's just a lot of money and sometimes a lot of frustration keeping them working.

I've got a Traxxas Nitro 4Tec, a Traxxas Nitro Buggy, and a Traxxas T-maxx... All the old school .15 models.

I'd kind of like to get rid of them, they're just taking up space in my shed I haven't played with them in years. :D I feel like someone should be playing with them instead of them just sitting around.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I get some great fun out if mine. They can definitely get expensive. I had an hpi rs4. Old school. Traded it for some tools. The road cars aren't any fun for me where I wheel these things.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011

used to have the 1/10 scale stuff , used to have a tamiya Baja champ ( worst beginner 4wd buggy ever lol) and i ended up having a team associated RC10B3 buggy. That was a good kit with a high winding motor and big battery. I ended up selling my stuff and i've kept with my 1/24 scale slot cars, but now i might want to get back into the rc cars. good paint work you guys!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Thanks for the comments on the paint. I won't do it again though. I like to race/bash these things hard, and all that work getting jacked up in ones days fun is not worth it, time or money. Maybe if I didn't have the real cars too, lol.

I really should have a stock basher body for the slayer, mehh :?

I have to order a few parts in the coming weeks to get them ready for the end of June, variable pistons for the slayer shocks, sway bar kit if I can afford it. A bunch of other things, really need to get my Jato sold though.

Thanks for the pics guys!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis

Here's a couple quick pics I took of my SCX10 with the Blazer body I painted up for it to look like the '85 k5 I had 11 years ago...

16187094_large.jpg

16187095_large.jpg

I'll have to get some pics of my Ruckus... The truck itself isn't anything too special, but I love doing up new bodies for it... :mrgreen:

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.

^^
nice,
for me thats where alot the fun was had..in detailing and making bodies/rigs..playtime was a bonus.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

If I had the time, I would love to do one super realistic. But right now, I like to build them, then race/bash them. I Enjoy the building and repairing part. The wife busts my balls over how I take days to build/modify one, and an hour to break it, lol.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis

My '78 El Camino body got too worn out, so I officially retired it and picked up this new one...
It's a HPI '70 El Camino... once again I had to cut a stupid fake blower off the hood (just like my Charger and Hearse) but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• WP_000593.jpg
    WP_000593.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 622

jking78

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2011

Man I love those things I had plenty of nitro cars I was trying to get back into but had one to many kids

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

jking78 said:
Man I love those things I had plenty of nitro cars I was trying to get back into but had one to many kids

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lol. They are a fun hobby, one I hope don't distract me too much this spring/summer so I can get my car on the road. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor