Nitro and Electric RC Trucks, Truggies, Short Course, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Re: Nitro and Electric RC Trucks, Truggies, Short Course, et

Bronco I did a few years ago. I really like this pic

Attachments

• securedownloadbronco.jpg
    securedownloadbronco.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 609

82GPLJ455

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2014
ma.

At one time i had around 23 r/cs,mostly nitros.

.i had an associated ntc3 factory team kit with a rossi.12 full race engine from italy,engine cost me 600.00.i ran the lowest first gear with the tallest second gear i could get.FAST! There wasnt a car around here that could even come close to catching it. Hit a cement light pole base with it one day,front tire was almost touching the rear tire,bad crash.

Had an associated rc18t with mamba brushless and lipos,UNDRIVABLE! Be carefull with lipos,dont store the inside your house!

Actually most of my stuff was undrivable.i always bought the best engines i could get my hands on.i mainly ran an hpi savage with a dynamite mach .26 and 3 speed transmission,purple aluminum everything but suspension arms and shock towers.wish i kept atleast this one from the collection.the traxxas crap couldnt handle my abuse.after 3 tmaxxS i bought my first hpi savage.the savage will take all the abuse i can give it and keep on truckin.

Had one the tamiya tractor tralier kits.that was cool but wasnt my thing.putting it together was fun as it came in pieces,had to build EVERY part of it from a bag of screws.

Now i have a stock hpi savage.only upgrade so far is aluminum steering bellcranks and all metal four gear differential in the rear.went to a swap meet back in may looking for a cowl hood or wheels for my car.didnt find anything,got pissed and grabbed the savage when i found it.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis

I bought another ECX Ruckus lightly used, already had the Torment front bumper so a set of wheels is all it took to convert it to a SCT.
Amazing what a difference the smaller wheels make... It's WAY faster than with the monster truck tires!
The body is Parma's Fifty-Five Baja, botched a few spots on the paint but it's good enough for something I'm just going to beat the piss out of anyways... :lol:
The same company also makes a body they call the 'muscle baja' which is essentially a '69 Cutlass with a '70 OAI hood.
Needless to say I'll be getting that one next...

Attachments

• WP_000850.jpg
    WP_000850.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 1,886
  • WP_000851.jpg
    WP_000851.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 1,688

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis

I bought a few new bodies for my trucks, and ended up picking up another truck as well.

First I picked up the Parma Baja Olds body and was initially going to paint it like a '69 H/O, but I ended up painting it up like James Garner's "Goodyear Grabber Olds".
Still need some small yellow lettering on the doors to finish it off, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I picked up a 2wd Slash last weekend, my first Traxxas product.
Haven't had much time to bash on it and see what I think yet...
I had to get some adjustable body posts, but I have it set up now so that I can run either the '55 Chevy body or the Olds body on the Slash or the Torment.

Attachments

• WP_000978.jpg
    WP_000978.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 810
  • WP_000981.jpg
    WP_000981.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 1,241
  • WP_000982.jpg
    WP_000982.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 409

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis

The next one is something I've been wanting to do for a while, just didn't have the guts to cut up $60 worth of lexan...

So I got a Proline Jeep Cherokee and a Parma El Camino and started cutting.

Some careful trimming and some double sided tape and instant Malibu wagon!
I was torn between doing it how I want to paint my Olds, or painting it yellow like my old Malibu, and the green won out.
I need to find a better solution for the woodgrain as this stuff just wants to lay flat, and it keeps lifting around the wheel wells.
I don't have the heart to throw it on my monster truck so I might have to pick up an on-road/drift car to use it on...

Attachments

• WP_001004.jpg
    WP_001004.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 369
  • WP_001006.jpg
    WP_001006.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 371
  • WP_001008.jpg
    WP_001008.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 609
  • WP_001009.jpg
    WP_001009.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 363

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

NICE. I haven't touched mine since the last race I was in in July I think it was. I have been wrapped up in the wagon. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor