No headlights or tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I went to drive the car this morning, and I have no headlights or tail lights. Had them last week when I drove it.

Turn signals and hazards work, brake lights work too.

Pulled the switch and I am somewhat limited without a wiring diagram, but I have no power on the light switch side plug, and very low voltage signal on the "dash light dimmer wheel" side plug. The switch has some continuity through it when turned on (again, don't know what pin does what.) And the dome light does turn on with the dimmer switch, but nothing else.

Where do I start? Does anyone have diagrams? I am seeing possibly the high/low beam dimmer being the cause, but would that interrupt power into the headlight switch? Again, a diagram would help.
Also, its 9:40 and I'm supposed to take the car on a trip at about noon today where I will need headlights.

Thanks!

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Per this thread, I need to check pin FZ on the c100 connector (firewall bulkhead) for power, it could be the fusible link on the starter. If it is, I'm running a PDC on the inner fender. That starter is near impossible to get to with the headers.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
There is no power at pin FZ, so I'll be rewiring it eventually. For now, I just took my wagon. Oh well, more work for winter.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If GM has the Olds wired simular to how Chevys are it might be a fusible link. The headlight switch & taillights draw power off the same lead which is the only wire off the one link. Besides those two the courtesy/clock (circuit 40) is also feed off that link. So if no courtesy lights or lighter then it's the fusible link.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor