Not all G Body frames are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
RE: Metrics first appeared in '82? Uh-uh. 78-88 is the decade of the G-Body. Hate using my old 78 Monte as a reference but it was my first introduction to the weird world of metrics. The chassis and cabin were metric, the engine was half metric and half fractional. Eg, exhaust bolts were 3/8ths NC but the cross bolts and mount to frame bolts for the engine mounts were metric. The clam or shell or upper half of the engine mount was 3/8ths NA fractional.

Nick

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Km/h ratings were a place to start with metrics... had a 76 elcamino with kmh speedo, whereas mom's 77 bbody lesabre did, yet my 76Abody lesabre custom didnt. Right around the changeover to rectangular headlights on most cars.
wheel studs swapped to different thread sizes in '82, along with different bearings/cups. It's the split i was referring to. Maybe 81, along with the aero changes to quarter glass. 200-4R, now, i think has "metric" stamped into the pan. I can be corrected. I used a 9/16" socket on my 06 truck today, ill still ask for 6.0L parts for it though, not a 364c.i. v8.

Some refer to our cars as A/G bodies. Depending where ya look.

Too bad about the "Hoito". it was one of my faves, along with "paradise island" and "bunnies". Have a good one.

R.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hoito, EH?? It's actually back open albeit with, I think, a different name and operating crew. A combination of bankruptcy and Covid really didn't help it.

Paradise Island is a patch of scrub grass near the auditorium now; probably going to remain so for many years to come, no genuine real estate value and too many houses too close.

The bar is there but "Bunny's" is just a mostly forgotten memory. Same-same with the J-R down the block at the Parkmount and Uncle Sam's on Simpson. The J-R got leveled for a new condo project and Sam's is now a community clinic.

If you personally had happened to have had some seriously good times at any of those "dens of inquity" (LMAO here) hang onto the memories cause the reality is dead and gone.

Nick

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
I went to Con College in the middle 90's. Saw the biggest 3 way fight ever at the Inntowner! Senators vs Bikes vs Law Enforcement. Crazy times! There were even better times at Lakehead though

The best Inntowner night was Mclean and MacLean. They had the place in stitches with their Kaka(ahem)beka(ahem ahem) Falls act. Its hard hard to say their version and remain PC.

Rob.

beststeak

n00b
Aug 30, 2021
So far, everything I have found that has the oval hole in the frame is 1978 or 1979. I have not found anything else that has the oval hole in the frame. Today I drove to Alabama about an hour and a half away and bought me 1978 Pontiac Lemans oval hole frame. I will be posting the body and suspension for sale. Thank you for everyone's input on this subject. You really did help me in my search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor