notching factory crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
slone b 4 you get a g-force check this one out its $149.00 plus ship well i ordered one for a th350 and it was $149.00 i will post a link so you can see it installed the second link is the one where its installed its not the red one scroll down further you will see x pipe exhaust also i researched the g-force if you have worn body mount bushings plan on replacing them cuz the g-force may not go on . if you need more info on the iceman crossmember let me know http://www.maliburacing.com/iceman/New% ... ember.html http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewt ... rossmember

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I got lucky and found a g force crossmember on ebay for $160. It was also local, so I did not need to pay any shipping.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
81_2dr_bu said:
DAN did you have any issues with it going on thanks

Its a little tight against the floor, but I think that can be blamed on original body mounts. I had no other problems besides that.

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
i didnt like the fact that if the body mounts get to compressed the g-force would bend the flooring also was thinking when going over bumps it might make noise or cause damage so i opted for a iceman crossmember it doesnt LooK as sturdy but people are using them to drag and use them with BBC so i ordered one

slone56

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2008
Thats the first thing that I thought of too, not as stout. The other one looks as though it would help stiffen the frame. This one looks pretty clean though. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor