South Central Pa
Yeah I now it’s more of a mid 90’s style ! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Well back is doing pretty good, but have been getting muscle soreness and spasms if I over do things. Lifting 32 pounds in PT and going up 5 pounds a week. I’m not liking the way I feel after lifting or twisting so I’m looking for a new job because I can’t do what I had been. I physically could, but by the end of the day I’d be completely miserable and long term I’d probably be doing more damage. The Tahoe got inspected and it needed A rear axle seal and new brake shoes. I was able to do it, but taking my time and resting when I had I could only work for about an hour and a half a day. I got it done, but took 4 days with a 4 hour last day. So I can still work on cars, just gotta take my time and listen to my body. Depends on what needs to be done. I washed both my truck and the wife’s and sat on my bucket stool and scrubbed the wheels on both without any issues. It’s all about what it entails and the positions I’m in. I think this is as good as the back is going to get, and I’m ok with that. Still pretty much pain free, haven’t had to take a pain med in about 2 months, I can sleep good, and life is MUCH better than it was. Some pics of the truck work included, pretty much what I found once I got it apart. Not bad for 220k.

Attachments

• IMG_7698.jpeg
    IMG_7698.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 70993847750__13BE5EE0-68A4-4E32-8211-31BD70E5AB89.jpeg
    70993847750__13BE5EE0-68A4-4E32-8211-31BD70E5AB89.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7757.jpeg
    IMG_7757.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7787.jpeg
    IMG_7787.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Glad to hear you’re doing and feeling better brother. Stay active as much as you can, just don’t overdo it.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I know all too well what you are going through. After 4 back and neck surgeries my surgeon told me I would be in a wheelchair by retirement age. I struggle to get through every day. I haven't posted on my build in awhile because of it. Be safe and don't overdo it.

Reactions: 4 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Glad to hear you’re doing and feeling better brother. Stay active as much as you can, just don’t overdo it.
I’m doing my best. I remember when I was young and stupid and could diesel my way through and work on my car until 1 or 2 in the morning, get 3-4 hours of sleep and get up and do it again. I remember one time I put a new alternator in 71 Pontiac Ventura that was my daily in about 2002. Got the 1st one in was great for about a day, then started over charging. Got another and had to swap after work to get there the next day. It was pouring rain so I set up a tarp over 2 step ladders and got it done.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I know all too well what you are going through. After 4 back and neck surgeries my surgeon told me I would be in a wheelchair by retirement age. I struggle to get through every day. I haven't posted on my build in awhile because of it. Be safe and don't overdo it.
I have learned to listen to my body. Very hard I’m used to battling through pain as a former Ice and roller hockey player. But if I start feeling my back barking, I need to sit down and rest for a bit. Last week I was working on the garden and feeling good. Got down and was putting in path edging stones, about 15 feet. I just wanted to get finished and did. But let me tell you, I was sore for almost a week. The next 6-7 days I was down and out. Either on my chair with ice or heat every few hours, or on my back in bed. Just now starting to feeling good. Still better that before the surgery. I’m learning to pump the brakes ALOT sooner than I’m used to. At least I have a legit excuse for being old and slow now!

Reactions: 2 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I WORKED ON IT!!! I Actually got something going!!! Finally after 3 weeks of I’m working on the car this weekend, I did!!! Not much, but a start!! Got the old bushings and casing’s out of the old rear!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9108.jpeg
    IMG_9108.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9109.jpeg
    IMG_9109.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9110.jpeg
    IMG_9110.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9111.jpeg
    IMG_9111.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: 5 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Next up degreasing the underside and prepping for primer and bed liner. After that the rear gets installed. Got a new gas tank as well. Before I do the bed liner on the outside of the floor and wheels, I’m going to weld in the new frame rail. Still hopeful to drive it before Halloween.

Attachments

• IMG_9113.jpeg
    IMG_9113.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: 5 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Take your time on the underside. I'm sure you know already. Prep is king. I used 2 or 3 cans of oven cleaner and pressure washed it. Then did it again. Scuffed till my fingers bled. I do not ever want to lay on my back under a car for that long ever again! LOL 😆

• Agree

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Take your time on the underside. I'm sure you know already. Prep is king. I used 2 or 3 cans of oven cleaner and pressure washed it. Then did it again. Scuffed till my fingers bled. I do not ever want to lay on my back under a car for that long ever again! LOL 😆
Already made a trip to $1.25 store. 4 cans of oven cleaner, 3 scrub brushes, 3 packs of scouring pads. I also ordered a few Tyvek suits for power washing and for painting. Not doing the entire underside now, just from like under the rear seats to the back end of the trunk.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor