Nube needs help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2015
Ok so this will be my first Gbody build since I'm done playing around with the imports lol. *i deserve some credit* 😉

Picked up a 1981 Malibu and have a few questions...

Needs rear window and seats.

What other models are changeable as I am having hard time finding rear window.

Some say cutlass and others say elky.

Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Welcome to the site!

If your Malibu is a coupe (2 door) for the back glass I'm pretty sure your only options are Malibu and Pontiac LeMans coupe. For seats depending on what you have now most any Gbody seats will work. If you have a straight bench you will not have the inner seat mounts welded to the floor in order to use 60/40 split or bucket seats. If you have the inner floor brackets then you can use pretty much any Gbody front seat. The inner seat mounts are available and can be added fairly easily.

Sorry I forgot to mention that...yes it is s coupe. Beauty! Going to make finding a bench a bit easier. What about rear seat?

For the rear seats....the back rest from any Gbody car should work. I've heard the 4 door seat cushion is slightly different than coupe but should still work....I've never really compared the two.

Last edited:
The lower cushion may be rounded off from four door, and more square from coupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor