Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
most of the Japanese car companies were formed in the wake of WWII. That said Mitsubishi built the Zero .... I doubt I'd ever by any Mitsu products ... be a car, TV et cetera.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
whitey said:
You have some allegiance to japan ?
Again, seriously? :roll:

I expect that the truth will turn up to be more like what happened to Audi in the 80's with a similar problem. (remember that?) Rather than let it go and ultimately ruin the marque's reputation like it did Audi, or potentially kill/injure more people, they are going after it proactively. If not they risk lawsuits out the wazoo, and the aforementioned loss of rep. -- simple fact.

My point was: WTF does Pearl Harbor have to do with this?

whitey

Greasemonkey
Dec 6, 2007
Ontario Canada
Do you remember how many lives were lost at Pearl ? Have you ever been there ? Are there any service men or women in your family ? Not that long ago the japanese wanted to destroy your country and now you defend buying their cars ?
Would you knowingly buy something big from iran , or iraq , what about afghanistan ? why do you live here in this part of the world ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
whitey...I'm wondering ...do you hide from an asian person walking down the street or do you attack them?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
whitey said:
Do you remember how many lives were lost at Pearl ? Have you ever been there ? Are there any service men or women in your family ? Not that long ago the japanese wanted to destroy your country and now you defend buying their cars ?
Would you knowingly buy something big from iran , or iraq , what about afghanistan ? why do you live here in this part of the world ?

Jesus, dude, were *you* there or something? I seem to remember us fire-bombing Tokyo, dropping a couple slightly bigger bombs elsewhere, de-deifying the emperor, accepting an unconditional surrender, and occupying the country (even somewhat to this day).... While I haven't been to the USS Arizona (I plan to some day, have you?) I have been to Japan, and I can tell you that nobody there is particularly interested in destroying the US. They've got enough economic problems of their own, and have for about 20 years or so.

I'm not defending buying their cars, either. BUT: For every car built by GM in Brazil, China, or Mexico, I guarantee a bigger share of those profits go into some country-clubbing executive's pocket than into the hands of any other American, or the shmoes in whatever country they -are- built in.

What's your point again?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
GP403....whitey is from here in Canada and we only fire bombed the German held cities....

Scimitar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2009

brian

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2006
melfort Saskatchewan Canada
Everybody screws up once in a while. It doesn't need to turn into a country or race bashing fest. Toyota has some very smart people and they got alot of their manufacturing ideas from Henry Ford. I'm Canadian, I like American people, I like Japanese people, We are all just people, you can't help where you were born and brought up. Love your neighbour as yourself, and Love your enemy. Thats what Jesus said and look what they did to him.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor