Oh how the mighty are falling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

missinmy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2009
I love reading from the uniformed, first off this recall is not goverment mandated, this is brought to you from Toyota.
The part in question is from and American company. The governments both sides of our boarder (I am Canadian) cleared these vehicles free of defects this past fall, Toyota doesnt sit still on customer concerns and during furthur of their own testing found the piece made from the American company will wear out (like most things in life) and will slowly begin to fail. This is not what caused all the sudden acceleration issues the world has become scared of. Toyota has Japan made parts on their way to us in North America to replace the American pieces in their vehicles, the plants were shut down so parts can be made available to customers first and the plants after.
Hope this helps clear up this issue

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Personally i think this crap is hilarious. its about time toyota got screwed right where they deserve it. my uncle owns a 94 celica and the gas pedal sticks so when you ease on it nothing happens then wham!! the pedal goes all the way to the floor. this happened when i was parking it behind my cutlass and that lil j* crap screwed up my bumper!! :blam: no forgiveness for you mr toyota, you bring nothing but shame and dishonor to american lazy driver man.

Scimitar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2009
I love reading from the uniformed, first off this recall is not goverment mandated
No, the recall was not government mandated, but the order to halt production and sales was

The part in question is from and American company. The governments both sides of our boarder (I am Canadian) cleared these vehicles free of defects this past fall, Toyota doesnt sit still on customer concerns and during furthur of their own testing found the piece made from the American company will wear out (like most things in life) and will slowly begin to fail. This is not what caused all the sudden acceleration issues the world has become scared of.
Did you just contradict yourself?

Also:
their own testing found the piece made from the American company will wear out (like most things in life) and will slowly begin to fail.
Just how slow is slow? I've read at least 4 reports of the sudden acceleration problem on cars less than 1 year old. That does not imply "slowly begin to fail" to me.

missinmy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2009
The sudden acceleration issue is still the result of the floor mat issue, the recall that began here (Canada) on Friday refers to the wearing issue with the accelerator pedal. Two seperate issues, this is told on both the Toyota Canada website as well as the parts manufacturers own website.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
whitey said:
megaladon6 said:
whitey, do you drink pepsi? serious question.

Coke , pepsi is for girls .
well then f%^k you for spitting on my father and every other vietnam vet. coke was one of, if not the first, company to go into business with vietnam. these are the same people who strapped bombs to children, and kept at least a few hundred of our service men after the war.
see the point?
and if you study history, you'd know that the japanese had a good reason to attack us, we were destroying their economy and interfering in their affairs. and lets remember, they attacked a MILITARY target. that's called war. in war you don't give people fair warning, you hit hard and try to knock them out ASAP. otherwise you may get 2 nukes dropped on you. they attacked, we beat the hell out of them. i'd say they got their just deserts. which is probably why most pacific theatre vets don't have a problem with them.
and since you missed the point the first time. you're condemming us for buying japanese products because we fought them. then how can you buy anything from any country that cananda ever fought? you're talking about almost every single country in europe. so what DO you buy? chinese stuff? the country that is constantly stealing from us? or do you make everything yourself? :roll:

whitey

Greasemonkey
Dec 6, 2007
Ontario Canada
megaladon6 said:
whitey said:
megaladon6 said:
whitey, do you drink pepsi? serious question.

well then f%^k you for spitting on my father and every other vietnam vet. coke was one of, if not the first, company to go into business with vietnam. these are the same people who strapped bombs to children, and kept at least a few hundred of our service men after the war.
see the point?
and if you study history, you'd know that the japanese had a good reason to attack us, we were destroying their economy and interfering in their affairs. and lets remember, they attacked a MILITARY target. that's called war. in war you don't give people fair warning, you hit hard and try to knock them out ASAP. otherwise you may get 2 nukes dropped on you. they attacked, we beat the hell out of them. i'd say they got their just deserts. which is probably why most pacific theatre vets don't have a problem with them.
and since you missed the point the first time. you're condemming us for buying japanese products because we fought them. then how can you buy anything from any country that cananda ever fought? you're talking about almost every single country in europe. so what DO you buy? chinese stuff? the country that is constantly stealing from us? or do you make everything yourself? :roll:

megaladon, or whatever your name is .... do you really run sidepipes ? serious question . :rofl:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
whitey said:
megaladon6 said:
whitey said:
see the point?

megaladon, or whatever your name is .... do you really run sidepipes ? serious question . :rofl:

So, are you even gonna try and defend yourself?? :rofl:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
so back to the Toyota issue I wouldn't want to be driving it if I owned one until the the fix was installed....I wonder if Toyota is going to be compensating those who would be without a vehicle if they refuse to drive their Toyota while waiting for the repair to be done..

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
pontiacgp said:
so back to the Toyota issue I wouldn't want to be driving it if I owned one until the the fix was installed....I wonder if Toyota is going to be compensating those who would be without a vehicle if they refuse to drive their Toyota while waiting for the repair to be done..

I would have to believe that they would......I know GM would, and does provide vehicles to warranty customers that need them. Recall should be no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor