Oh how the mighty are falling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Now it seems Mr. Runnaway Prius is being acused of faking it all. Engineers couldn't get the car to exibit that behavior no matter how hard they drove it. Then, the car's computer shows that the accellerator and brake were being applied at the same time. His being $700,000 in debt doesn't look good either. I'm not judging him, but it was only a matter of time before scammers saw Toyota as a cash cow.

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
i dont know how true it is but i heard that the car will shut off if the gas and brake were to the floor at the same time. maybe a misunderstanding on my part...

Snaffle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2009
I wonder if there has been a change in insurance premiums for the recall affected vehicles?

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
would toyota's liability be the insurance? haha has anyone seen the bumper sticker saying "this toyota hasnt tried to kill me yet"?-priceless

captain-FN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
charlottetown pei canada
maybe if they didn't build them so cheap they wouldn't be havin all these problems? and no didn't see those bumper stickers yet! did ya see colberts take on it!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Bonnewagon said:
Now it seems Mr. Runnaway Prius is being acused of faking it all. Engineers couldn't get the car to exibit that behavior no matter how hard they drove it. Then, the car's computer shows that the accellerator and brake were being applied at the same time. His being $700,000 in debt doesn't look good either. I'm not judging him, but it was only a matter of time before scammers saw Toyota as a cash cow.

from what Toyota said that is if the gas and brake are applied at the same time the electric motor will seize up and since that didn't happen then it sounds like he's not faking...plus the cop said his brake lites were on and he could smell the brakes burning....and those stories about him being in debt are changing by the hour so I'm wondering if Toyota isn't the one reporting those stories out the back door

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Engineers couldn't get the car to exibit that behavior no matter how hard they drove it. Then, the car's computer shows that the accellerator and brake were being applied at the same time.
the question is, who's engineers? plus when i was a mechanic there were a number of times that we could not replicate a major problem. as bad as a car came in running on 2 or 3 cylinders, we all saw this, then the next morning--it's fine! we spent days driving that car, never had an issue. :wtf:
and the ECU should show gas and brakes applied at the same time if he was not faking. that's the problem. the NEW software is supposed to cut fuel if it sees this, but that remains to be proven. i want to know why toyota didn't do this from the beginning, like most/all other companies do.
and for anyone saying he should have shifted into neutral, have you tried this on a prius? i used to have to for inspections and such and it sucks! and that's sitting still, not driving 90mph and calling 911. granted i don't know the newest models.
I'm wondering if Toyota isn't the one reporting those stories out the back door
how dare you!! to imply a company would attempt to slander someone, just to save money? never happen! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor