Oil leak AHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Ive noticed the last couple days a small 50 cent piece "puddle" under my car after driving it, also the oil on my starter and transmission. Well my first suspicion was back of the intake somewhere? i got out my mirror and flashlight today and it did not appear that is where it was coming from. There was a small bit of oil on the passenger ledge rear of my block where the casting date is. Any ideas where this is coming from!? distributor was dry and like i said intake looked good but obviously i could not check it thoroughly. i did notice what looked like a "drill bit hole" in the back of my passenger head but i felt around that the best i could and all felt dry. i dont know its got me going crazy, my oil level has been good, its not losing much but it is aggravating.

The more i think about it the hole i seen is really bugging me, there shouldnt be anything like that back there. And it felt kind of sharp around the edges, but why would it just start leaking now? i have been driving it for 4 months with no issues. Looks like i will pull a valve cover tomorrow and see what is going on with it.

Do you have a bolt in this hole here?

I've chased that leak before, and it wasn't fun. Threw two oil pan gaskets and a timing cover and gasket at it before I finally saw it coming out of that hole the next spring when I fired it up for the first time.
It was a mess because the fan would blow it all down the passenger side of the car...

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/MysteriousSmallBlockChevyOilLeak.htm

MysteriousSmallBlockChevyOilLeak.jpg

I don't beleive the rear of the passenger head has any bolt holes that are interfering with oil or coolant passages however since you can use passenger on driver side of block and vice versa. Try your valve cover gaskets?If you've had them off a couple times and put them back you may have spread the cork gasket while putting them back on. Very common thing to do, I've done it a couple times on a trans pan. What a pain

Sounds like your saying its only on the back of the passenger side? I was just thinking possibly a leak from the oil pressure port?

Its just on the back flat manifold surface (where the gasket goes), just behind the manifold..

Ok i have a street dominator intake, and on the rear of the intake right under the dist there is a threaded hole, i looked down in it and there was oil in it? anyone know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor