Oil leak AHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
im stumped. i know the oil is flowing down passenger side, but my dist wires had oil on them and there was oil in the threaded hole. i double checked the oil pressure port and it was good. there was def oil in that hole tho almost to the top.

nope its not, i have checked all the basics and this is my only lead????? i plugged the hole with a bolt and some permatex. after i got as much oil out as i could. ill see tomorrow if it did anything. im curious to know what its even for and should it have to be blocked in the first place?

joey_schel said:
Kind of looks like something to bolt throttle linkage to? (for some applications)
Not that familiar with chevys, but I agree, could also be where external(points type) coil mounted. Pull the bolt out, put a small screwdriver in it and see how far it goes in the hole. You may have a bad casting at that point. If needed, pull the manifold, and look at the underside at that point. You should be able to see a pock mark in the alum. if it's bad. If so, it's an easy fix with a tig welder.

Found that prick of an oil leak. back of intake right behind distributor. Looks like i know what im doing sunday. any tips especially on timing, i do not have a light. :wtf:

bowtietillidie85SS said:
Found that prick of an oil leak. back of intake right behind distributor. Looks like i know what im doing sunday. any tips especially on timing, i do not have a light. :wtf:
try to make a mark where the rotor button is pointing, and a mark to reference where the distributor was set(i.e. if you had a vacuum advance, you could mark where it's pointing...etc...,) and for all that is holy, DON'T ROTATE THE MOTOR WHILE THE DISTRIBUTOR IS OUT!!!! :wink:

1evilregal said:
bowtietillidie85SS said:
try to make a mark where the rotor button is pointing, and a mark to reference where the distributor was set(i.e. if you had a vacuum advance, you could mark where it's pointing...etc...,) and for all that is holy, DON'T ROTATE THE MOTOR WHILE THE DISTRIBUTOR IS OUT!!!! :wink:

LOL ok. kind of excited, i wanted to clean up the intake anyways just gives me more reason to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor