Status
Not open for further replies.

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
This is in Dubai.
Downhill skiing in the desert by the Persian Gulf. :shock:
I must admit,it is incredible.Wonder what a lift pass costs?
(they have WAY too much money)

pic05565.jpg

pic05566.jpg

pic05567.jpg

pic05568.jpg

The hotel that looks like a sail in the background in the first pic is the one Tiger Woods tee'd off of for $1million to promote Dubai

TigerWoodsinDubai.jpg

Tiger.jpg

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
:roll: As if they need to ski in Dubai. If they never built that nobody would ever know what they were missing! That hotel is cool though, theyre also building a series of man made islands in some sort of design, and making great dive sites for scuba divers and hoping that sea life will flock to the areas creating a "tropical paradise" type. Theyre putting small metal pyramids on the bottom of the sea floor and pulsing it with electicity, which causes coral to form around it 1000 times faster than in nature. (correct me if im wrong) If you ask me it's all a little extravagant.

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
Hmm, I think it would have made more sense for them to come here to ski. It's nice having a mountain/resort that's only a 25 minute drive away, and 3 more within a couple hours. Besides, that slope would get boring rather quick.

That and tourists with money never hurt my feelings. As long as they spend that money, that is.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
the palm tree island complex is already built and occupied. I watched the Discovery channel show on its creation quite interesting, and I sure don't want to sound racist or anything but I don't know that I'd want to have open arms to the wealthy shiek types....I have absolutely no issues with Arab-Americans but lets remember Bin-Laden is extremely rich and almost royalty, despite most of his family disavowing him and his own country officially banishing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor