Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
You're welcome Mark. Happy to help.

Reactions: 2 users

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I unbolt the four bolts on the oil pump then pull the bottom off of it then lay the pickup in the slot then reinstall the bottom of oil pump. Also just use grease and a hammer works also. I've never had issues with the pickup coming out of the pump since aftermarket deep oil pans have a pickup that bolt to oil pump in some fashion.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The thing is that the Jeep mounts the pump flush to the block. Then the pickup sticks down into the sump. So that seal is critical. Similar to a Buick that has the pump in the timing cove that must be primed with petroleum jelly to assure suction. Any air leaks ruin the suction. I am used to Pontiac pumps where the pump itself extends down into the sump. The pickup is on the same plane and just needs to be tacked in place leaks don't matter.
1577028328086.png
1577028362966.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor